Institutions & Family Groups
Client Case Study
- A Not For Profit organisation that holds $50 million in a capital reserve fund.
- The majority of the reserve was held in cash or term deposits.
- Given declining interest rates the Board was concerned about the investment returns being generated by this capital.
- Had been approached by numerous organisations promoting specific investment products.
- Members of the Board and Management lacked the time and specific expertise to make decisions on each individual investment opportunity.
- We provided the Management and Board with a paper outlining the risks of particular investments, and an overview of the type of assets that should be considered.
- We assisted the Board indeveloping appropriate changes to the Internal Investment Policy to assist in identifying investments that meet the risk profile of the organisation.
- Once this framework was agreed we assisted in the implementation and ongoing review of specific assets held in the portfolio.
- Management and Board were able to establish an appropriate compliance framework and defendable investment process prior to investing capital.
- The organisations cashflow can be invested in a more highly diversified portfolio that is tailored to the objectives of the organisation.
- Management and Board are relieved of paperwork associated with managing the portfolio.